NYC YARN CRAWL - Thursday September 28 - Sunday October 1, 2023 - FOLLOW THE YARN
It's like a bar crawl, only for the yarn obsessed! There is no charge to crawl, and we're open to everyone. You just visit each shop, enter drawings, take advantage of tons of special deals, and have fun.
Here's everything you need to know to have a safe and successful crawl.
1. First, tell your friends and partners, kids and sip-and-stitch group. This is a warm and welcoming NYC community event and we invite everyone with open arms.
2. Download and print the .pdf map or check out our digital Google Yarn Crawl Map, and create a tentative plan. (Maps are in the works. Follow us in Instagram or Facebook to hear first when it's ready!)
3. Check shop hours and plan your crawl.
4. Check out the events page for all the events at each store, and add your favorites to your calendar. (Stores are still adding events so check back before you go...)
5. Finalize your plan!
1. It's possible that COVID may be on the rise again, so make sure you have a mask. Some shops may have a limit to the number of patrons allowed inside at one time, so be sure to give yourself plenty of time, and please be patient! We want to give everyone the same fun and safe experience.
2. Grab your map, and MetroCard (or car, or bike or sneakers!) and get started. Addresses, phone numbers and subway directions for each store are on the maps.
3. Don't forget to check for changes to subway or bus schedules. Look here for MTA service changes, here for bus and subway maps, and here for the Live Subway Map. The MTA is continuing their special subway COVID cleaning - info is here.
4. Visit participating local yarn shops and drool over all the great deals and exclusive colorways. Chat with your favorite indie dyers and shop friends! Taste the specialty drinks or nibbles that some shops feature.
5. Sign in at each store to be entered in drawings for great Yarn Crawl prizes.
6. Don't forget to look for the scavenger hunt item in each store to enter the Scavenger Hunt (see below for more info on that.)
Each store will have drawings with special prizes from our generous sponsors. Some stores will have additional drawings too.
1. To enter the drawings, simply sign in like you always do (they'll each have a digital or paper sign in sheet).
3. Drawings happen a few days after the crawl. Check the prizes & exclusives page after the crawl for your name!
The shops will all have a tiny knit item hidden somewhere in the store, each with its own "code" attached. Check back here for an image of what you'll be looking for - just as soon as we've finished knitting them!
1. Search the store for the secret item. Who knows what else you'll discover!
2. Write down each code and the corresponding shop name. You will need a code from each participating shop to enter the drawing. Please do not post any images with the special code in it!
3. Once you've finished crawling, email your list to email@example.com with and you'll be entered into the grand prize drawing.
4. All emails must be received no later than the date listed on the Prizes/Exclusives page.
5. Keep checking back on the prizes & exclusives page to see if you won!
Each store will have special events during the crawl. Join them for up-close and personal talks, special guests and tons more surprises! Check out what's in-store before you go, so you can plan ahead and make the most of your time.
Events are listed on our Events page. Each event will have a description with date and time. Trunk shows, special guests and special crawl-only store events will all be listed here.
*Please note, when you sign in to each shop, you are agreeing to be put on the participating shops mailing lists. You can unsubscribe at any time.