BKLYN YARN CRAWL - Saturday 4-17-21 through Sunday 4-25-21 - FOLLOW THE YARN
It's like a bar crawl, only for the yarn obsessed! There is no charge to crawl, and we're open to everyone. You just visit each shop, enter drawings, take advantage of tons of special deals, and have fun.
Here's everything you need to know to have a safe and successful crawl.
1. First, tell your friends and partners and kids and sip-and-stitch group. This is a warm and welcoming NYC community event and we invite everyone with open arms.
2. Download and print the .pdf map or check out our digital Google Yarn Crawl Map, and create a tentative plan. (Maps are in the works. Follow us in Instagram or Facebook to hear first when it's ready!)
3. Check shop hours and plan your crawl. With nine full days to participate, you'll have plenty of time to visit each one.
4. Check out the new events page for all the events at each store, and add your favorites to your calendar. (Still being updated so check back...)
5. Finalize your plan!
1. Make sure you have your mask. For your safety and that of the store staff, you will not be able to enter any store without one. Hand sani is required at a few so toss a mini-bottle in your bag before you go.
2. Grab your map, and MetroCard (or car, or bike or sneakers!) and get started. Addresses, phone numbers and subway directions for each store are on the map. Assume there will be a wait on weekend days. By CDC guidelines, stores are limited to only a few customers at a time.
3. Don't forget to check for changes to subway or bus schedules. Look here for subways, here for buses, and here for the Live Subway Map. The MTA continues to clean the subways each night, and their special covid cleaning info is here.
4. Visit participating local yarn shops and drool over all the great deals and exclusive 2021 BKLYN Yarn Crawl colorways. If your friends can't make it, you can always FaceTime during your appointment!
5. Sign in at each store to be eligible for great Yarn Crawl prizes.
6. Don't forget to look for the scavenger hunt item (TBA!) in each store to enter the Scavenger Hunt.
Each store will have drawings with special prizes from our generous sponsors. Some stores will have additional drawings too.
1. To enter the drawings, simply sign in like you always do (they'll each have a digital or paper sign in sheet, and will clean between uses).
3. Drawings happen a few days after the crawl. Check back here on the prizes & exclusives page to check for your name!
The shops will all have a tiny knit item hidden somewhere in the store, each with it's own number attached. Check back here for an image of what you'll be looking for - just as soon as we've finished knitting them!
1. Search the store for the secret item. Who knows what else you'll discover!
2. Write down each number and corresponding shop name. You will need numbers from all 4 shops to enter the drawing.
3. Once you've finished crawling, email your list to firstname.lastname@example.org with and you'll be entered into the grand prize drawing.
4. All emails must be received no later than Wednesday, April 28th at 5pm EST to be eligible.
5. Keep checking back on the prizes & exclusives page to see if you won!
Each store will have special events during the crawl. Join them for up-close and personal talks, special guests and tons more surprises! Check out what's in-store before you go, so you can plan ahead and make the most of your time.
A list of events will on the new Events page. Each event will have a description with date and time, and a button that will connect you to the channel where the event is happening. Easy!
Copyright © 2020 NYC Yarn Crawl - All Rights Reserved.