NYC YARN CRAWL - Saturday 10-3-20 through Sunday 10-11-20 - FOLLOW THE YARN
It's like a bar crawl, only for the yarn obsessed! There is no charge to crawl, and we're open to everyone. You just visit each shop, enter drawings, take advantage of tons of special deals, and have fun.
Three big changes this year:
1. In order to safely welcome you back, some stores will be taking appointments. You can book time in person or virtually - check out the store info on our stores page for more details on what each store is doing. While you can visit many shops without an appointment, we recommend making one if they are taking them, or arriving early to avoid lines due to the CDC occupancy restrictions.
2. If you go in person, you must wear a face covering for your safety and that of your friends and store staff. Plus, Governor Cuomo says so!
3. To add to the fun, each store will host at least one virtual event during the crawl.
Here's everything you need to know to have a safe, fun and successful crawl.
1. First, tell your friends and partners and kids and stitch'n'bitch group! This is our NYC community event and we welcome everyone.
2. Download and print the .pdf map or check out our digital Google Yarn Crawl Map, and create a tentative plan. (Maps are in the works. Follow us in Instagram or Facebook to hear first when its ready!)
3. Check which shops are taking appointments and call to set yours up. With nine full days to participate, you'll have plenty of time to visit each one.
4. Check out the new EVENTS page for all the virtual events at each store, and add your favorites to your calendar.
5. Finalize your plan!
1. Make sure you have your mask. For your safety and that of the store staff, you will not be able to enter any store without one. Hand sani is required at a few so toss a mini bottle in your bag before you go.
2. Grab your map, and MetroCard (or car, or bike or sneakers!) and get started. Addresses, phone numbers and subway directions for each store are on the map. It's always good to call ahead to confirm your appointment - store schedules will be packed so don't be late. Walk-ins are allowed at several stores but assume there will be a wait. Many stores can't have more than 2-3 crawlers at one time.
3. Don't forget to check for changes to subway or bus schedules. Look here for subways, here for buses, and here for the Weekender. The MTA continues to clean the subways each night, and their special covid cleaning info is here.
4. Visit participating local yarn shops and drool over all the great deals and exclusive 2020 NYC Yarn Crawl colorways. If your friends can't make it, you can always FaceTime during your appointment!
5. Sign in at each store to be eligible for great NYC Yarn Crawl prizes.
6. Don't forget to look for the squirrel in each store to enter the Scavenger Hunt.
Each store will have drawings with special prizes from our generous sponsors. Some stores will have additional drawings too.
1. To enter the drawings, simply sign in like you always do (they'll each have a digital or paper sign in sheet, and will clean between uses).
2. For virtual visits, make sure you give your name and email to the shop staff. They will enter you into their drawing(s) after you complete your visit.
4. Drawings happen a few days after the crawl. Check back here on the prizes & exclusives page to check for your name!
The shops will all have a tiny knit squirrel hidden somewhere in the store, each with it's own number attached.
1. If you visit in person you can look for the little critters yourself! During virtual visits, the lovely shop staff will be your "guide" to help you find the critters.
2. Write down each number and corresponding shop name. You will need numbers from all 8 shops to enter the drawing.
3. Once you've finished crawling, email your list to firstname.lastname@example.org with and you'll be entered into the grand prize drawing.
4. All emails must be received no later than Wednesday, October 14th to be eligible.
5. Keep checking back on the prizes & exclusives page to see if you won!
Each store will have virtual, live streamed special events during the crawl. Join them for up-close and personal talks, store tours, special guests and tons more surprises! Check out what's in-store before you go, so you can plan ahead and make the most of your time.
A list of events will on the new Events page. Each event will have a description with date and time, and a button that will connect you to the channel where the event is happening. Easy!
Crawl Hint: If you can't get your appointments at the time you need but you still want to crawl, the virtual events are a great way to join the fun. And who knows, maybe the staff might "help" you find the squirrels!
Copyright © 2020 NYC Yarn Crawl - All Rights Reserved.